Tuesday 31 May 2011

Intoxicating

Long time no blogging, must catch up and first is one of those wonderful things I look forward to in May, the Elder flowers and they were even earlier again this year, ready to pick at the beginning of May.

These beautiful blooms of elder flowers have been intoxicating lately, I pass them every day in the morning and afternoon, and their heavy scent has been delightful.


That scent can just keep on giving now too as these wonderful blooms have been transformed into Elderflower and Honey cordial. Delicious.


We are giving the elderflower champagne a miss this year, too many other things going on and lack of space so we shall return to brewing this delicious drink again next year probably.

And so the season moves on, these are already turning now, so I shall look forward to picking the berries in the Autumn now.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, I've been enjoying the delights of elderflower too, I still feel like I can't possibly have made enough! Enjoy X X X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm giving elderflower champagne a miss this year too. Last year, I loved the process of making it, but I didn't really enjoy it. Not enough. Hoping to squeeze one more batch of cordial in before they go over.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, come and say hello. Your thoughts are always appreciated, I read them all and will endeavour to respond. Thank you x