Tuesday 21 December 2010

Decorating the home for Christmas

Thank you for all your lovely comments on the last post and the warm welcome back into blog-land. Many plans for my felting work in the New Year, yes including a shop somewhere online. I have lots of ideas of things to make but welcome any suggestions or even commissions of things to make for any time of the year.
Dawn x

Santa's workshop

We bought the tree on 11th December so sharing pictures now and other pictures of our Christmas decorations. Above is a foam kit I picked up for Imogen some time to build a Santa's workshop with elves, trees and a sleigh - we had great fun yesterday making this.

Imogen excited at the arrival of the tree

My angel topping the tree with our Angel

All decorated

We have these carol singers we bought many years ago that I love to get out each year, this year they are singing by candlelight.

Carol singers

Our beautiful Christmas carousel powered by the heat from candles, something else we have had for many many years, and a favourite of ours.

Christmas carousel

A Christmas tree tea light holder - I just love how the colours beam out on this. And some hand painted glasses my father made for me years ago on the Season corner with the King and Queen of Winter.
Christmas tree tea light holder

My tea light glasses painted by my Dad
and my King and Queen Winter


Our fireplace (although no fire there - blocked up) has my felt wreaths and a golden star dressing it and it looks lovely in the evenings. They lead the eye up lovely to the twinkling garlands above. I love to see the house decorated at this time of year, lots of twinkling lights and candles, magical.

Felt wreaths and golden star

Garlands, bunting and more

Here is a closer look at the felt garlands, without the golden lighting.

Felt wreaths

Solstice blessings to all and Merry Christmas for the coming days.

2 comments:

  1. What fabulous decorations, I love your crafty makes so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous decorations. Your house looks very festive. Merry Christmas to you too, hope you all have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, come and say hello. Your thoughts are always appreciated, I read them all and will endeavour to respond. Thank you x