Thursday 23 September 2010

Time flies, felting and a 5th birthday ...

Well, so many blog posts have been written in my head, but then something else takes priority over my time and it doesn't get posted to the blog. I hope to write them more often again now.

So since last week, when I last posted, the main thing I have been spending time on is finishing off some knitted personalised bunting for Imogen's 5th birthday which has come out lovely. Lots of different sizes as I wanted to use up some odds and ends of wools and they were different thicknesses. Sewn onto a long piece of finger knitted wool. I shall adapt this each year with her age.

knitted bunting
Imogen 5

Other crafting has been making her a birthday crown which this year I decided to needle-felt and am pleased with the result, what do you think?

needle felted crown and badge

And then a little more needle felting to create this lovely badge for her to wear too. Simple but effective, I really like how it looks.

our beautiful 5 year old daughter


So we are enjoying birthday celebrations here, planning some quality family time at the weekend - a few options depending on the weather. A birthday update soon.



Back soon with other things going on, autumn crafts, planning for Christmas (yes, I said the C word!), and more. Now it's officially Autumn, happy Autumn everyone


Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it,
and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.
- George Eliot

6 comments:

  1. Happy Autumn to you too , and Imogen looks lovely in her crown x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mnay birthday blessings to Imogen - i can't believe she is 5 already - was she only 3 when you started blogging? Enjoy the season and looking forward toseeing your (C)crafting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bunting, crown and badge - very colourful.

    Autumn blessings to you all

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Imogen. I hope you had a lovely day. Your crown looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made some lovely things for Imogen's birthday, I'm sure she was really pleased with them, and it's so nice that the bunting can be adapted so that it can be brought out each year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou to all.

    Jacqui - yes, she was 3 when I started the blog, just shows how time flies when you're having fun xx

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, come and say hello. Your thoughts are always appreciated, I read them all and will endeavour to respond. Thank you x