Thursday 29 April 2010

My Spring Garden

As we approach late Spring, I thought I'd post this lovely little poem about a Spring garden. Lots growing, and more seeds to sow and sow and sow. A little rain for the next few days is very welcome as the earth is quite dry at the moment. Then the sunshine will be welcomed back with open arms from me and the plants.


My Spring Garden

Here is my little garden,
Some seeds I'm
Going to sow.

Here is my rake
To rake the ground,
Here is my handy hoe.

Here is the big
Round yellow sun,
The sun warms everything.
Here are the rain clouds
In the sky,
The birds will start to sing.

Little plants will
Wake up soon,
And lift their sleepy heads.
Little plants will
Grow and grow
From their warm earth beds.

1 comment:

  1. We had quite a bit of rain yesterday evening and in to the night. It's quite chilly today, overcast and windy. Looking round the garden this morning, everything seems to have had a growth spurt with the rain.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, come and say hello. Your thoughts are always appreciated, I read them all and will endeavour to respond. Thank you x