Wednesday 30 September 2009

Spinning Alpaca

After all the sewing I have done recently, I have found some time to do some more spinning. I have 3 lovely skeins of white Dorset wool awaiting washing and drying and think I shall do some experimental dyeing with those soon - so more on that in a future post.

So, with empty bobbins I have started to now fill one up spinning some lovely soft Alpaca fleece that I picked up recently.

Here is the raw fleece

and here is it on the bobbin


It's very different to spinning sheep's wool as it doesn't have the same crimp or greasiness but it's nice to work with and I'm getting there. It shows quite creamy here but I think it will wash up a lot whiter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, come and say hello. Your thoughts are always appreciated, I read them all and will endeavour to respond. Thank you x