Friday 18 September 2009

Melon surprise

Earlier in the year I found I had some Melon seeds and thought I'd give them a try and grow them in one of the greenhouses. I had 2 seedlings but sadly one didn't make it. The remaining one was planted in the greenhouse and tied into some canes for support.

Over the Summer the garden plants became somewhat neglected, our time was spent having fun elsewhere and our gardening time seemed to be more spent at the allotment. So you can imagine my surprise when we were doing some "taming" and clearing in the garden veg plot and the greenhouse when I found a Melon - this one

our Melon surprise

Imogen proudly shows off the Melon

It's not huge but it's perfectly formed - just waiting for it to ripen a little so we can enjoy it. So the moral of this story is that you can grow a melon even if it's neglected.

1 comment:

  1. Great shot of Imogen and her melon there. I hope it is sweet and tasty when you harvest it. xx

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, come and say hello. Your thoughts are always appreciated, I read them all and will endeavour to respond. Thank you x